As you make your decisions for year-end gifts, we greatly appreciate your support for Good Jobs First.
In 2021, we:
- Exposed how corporate welfare harms school funding, revealing that students in some schools are being robbed every year of more than $1,000 each.
- Alerted the public that Amazon, racking up record sales and profits, also continues to rack up taxpayer-funded subsidies: over $650 million in 2021 alone, for a total of $4.2 billion, often from cash-strapped communities.
- Filed 90 public records requests to document how unevenly state agencies and attorneys general across the U.S. enforce environmental regulations, leaving residents at greater risk of contaminated air and water.
- Joined a broad coalition in defeating one of the biggest corporate subsidy programs in the country, known in Texas as “Chapter 313.”
Today, we’re excited to share that a generous donor has offered, for the first time ever, to match personal donations to Good Jobs First through the end of the year – up to $10,000.
So by clicking on our donations page* by December 31, you can double your support!
Our website continues to be accessed (at no cost to users) by the thousands, who regularly check our Violation Tracker, Subsidy Tracker, Tax Break Tracker, and Covid Stimulus Watch databases – not to mention our latest: Violation Tracker UK!
And we have lots in the pipeline, including:
- An update to our popular story map on Amazon warehouse site-location patterns, showing why they should never be subsidized.
- A 50-state “report card” on how well, or poorly, states disclose subsidy awards costs and benefits.
- A snappy new Good Jobs First website that will make all your favorite content easier to find and use in your research, campaigns, and articles!
For those willing to write checks (no processing fees!) our address is:
Good Jobs First
1380 Monroe St NW, PMB 405
Washington DC 20010
Thanks for your support!
Greg, Arlene, Phil, Kasia, Tim, Christine, Katie, and Kenny
*We’ll never sell or share your information.